The fourth round of Social Security Stimulus Checks has arrived.
Around 64 million Social Security users will have a 5.9% increase in their cost of living adjustment in 2022. As a result of the rise, retired workers’ monthly Stimulus Checks would increase from $1,565 to $1,657. Social Security payments will be mailed on the second, third, and fourth Wednesdays, depending on your birth date.
Benefits went from $2,599 to $2,753 a month for the couple. Meanwhile, the number of people with disabilities in the United States climbed by 5.9%. In an interview with the Sun, Shannon Benton of the Senior Citizens League said, “We’ve gotten hundreds of emails from seniors worried about making ends meet.”
Seniors Will Benefit From The Stimulus Package
“For many, the huge cost of living adjustment exacerbated their financial issues by pushing their income above program limits, rendering them ineligible for medicare savings programs and other forms of help.”
Social Security Stimulus Checks Schedule –
- If your birthday falls between the 1st and 10th of the month, your check will be delivered on Wednesday, April 13.
- -If you were born between April 11 and April 20, your check will arrive on April 20.
- -If your birthday is between April 21 and April 31, your check will be mailed on Wednesday, April 27.
The federal government can assist with Social Security benefits. If those payments are insufficient to cover your basic needs, you may be eligible for the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program.
- Checks for Stimulus in 2022: The Deadline to Apply for $1,000 Monthly Payments Is Next Week
- This Is Your Final Opportunity to Receive a Third Stimulus Check
- Will Your Stimulus Money Come With a Big Tax Bill?
Anyone over the age of 65 who has little financial resources is eligible for SSI. SSI benefits are paid out every month to disabled adults and children. To qualify, you’ll need to meet specific financial requirements.